When to Recondition a Wheel or Rim
Rust and buildup can cause issues with wheel and rim performance. IMI offers the following guidelines to determine when to recondition:
- When build-up, rust, rubber or debris is present at the bead seat
- When rust is present between the bead seat areas of the wheel or rim
- When rust is present on the inside or outside of the bolt hole area of the wheel
- When over 20% of the surface exhibits visible rust
- When dry paint thickness exceeds 3 mils on the inside or outside of the bolt hole pattern of the wheel
Ensure your compliance with OSHA’s truck wheel and rim cleaning service regulations.