In the Beginning
In 1944, Bauer Built, Inc. sold petroleum products to farm accounts and residential customers near Durand, Wis. Its ownership of a gas and service station naturally led to tire sales, including retail, wholesale and commercial tire sales and service.
Expanding the Tire Division
Ten years later, the company began manufacturing retreaded tires. By 1963, Bauer Built had grown to over $2M in sales.
By 1975, Bauer Built had sales in excess of $10M and operated tire centers in Eau Claire and Durand, Wis. In addition to the bulk oil business, it also operated a retread manufacturing facility, a wholesale distribution center, a NAPA Parts Store and a Holiday Station Store in Durand.
A Family Legacy of Leadership
After 32 years leading the growth of the business, Sam sold the majority of his interest in Bauer Built to his sons and sons-in-law in 1976. They took on the management of the company’s tire, petroleum and administration divisions. Sam ultimately retired from full-time duty in 1980 and passed away sixteen years later after 50 years of service and dedication.
Today, under second- and third-generation leadership, the company has continued to expand through the acquisition of tire centers and retread manufacturing facilities across the Midwest. By providing high quality products and services, customers have come to rely on Bauer Built for their tire and service needs.