Please click anywhere to continue browsing our site.
Use current location
Through a longstanding commitment to exceeding customer expectations, Bauer Built, Inc. has become one of the largest commercial tire and service dealers and retread manufacturers in the United States. Founded as oil delivery service in 1944, Bauer Built has steadily developed into a top provider of commercial, fleet and retail tires and mechanical services. Today, Bauer Built employs more than 600 dedicated individuals across 10 Midwest and Great Plain states in its tire and service centers, petroleum and administration divisions. Commercial drivers and fleet managers trust the family-owned company to provide quality services and products that keep them on the road mile after mile.
1. G.F. Sam Bauer founds Bauer Oil as an oil jobbership in Durand, Wis. Later opening a retail gas station with tire sales and service and bulk oil business near the intersection of Hwy 10 and Hwy 25 in Durand around 1948.
2. The company begins manufacturing retread tires which becomes a main focus of growth.
3. Sales exceed $10M from tire centers in Eau Claire and Durand and from retread, wholesale and other divisions.
4. Bauer Built celebrates more than 75 years in business at its 38 locations, 7 Michelin Retread plants and 3 Wheel and Rim Refinishing plants.
Over the last 75+ years, Bauer Built, Inc. has grown from a small oil delivery company to a Midwestern powerhouse of commercial truck tires and service. This success can be attributed to the vision of the company founder, G.F. “Sam” Bauer and the family members who later led the business to even greater success as a commercial tire provider and retread manufacturer.
In 1944, Bauer Built, Inc. sold petroleum products to farm accounts and residential customers near Durand, Wis. Its ownership of a gas and service station naturally led to tire sales, including retail, wholesale and commercial tire sales and service.
Ten years later, the company began manufacturing retreaded tires. By 1963, Bauer Built had grown to over $2M in sales.
By 1975, Bauer Built had sales in excess of $10M and operated tire centers in Eau Claire and Durand, Wis. In addition to the bulk oil business, it also operated a retread manufacturing facility, a wholesale distribution center, a NAPA Parts Store and a Holiday Station Store in Durand.
After 32 years leading the growth of the business, Sam sold the majority of his interest in Bauer Built to his sons and sons-in-law in 1976. They took on the management of the company’s tire, petroleum and administration divisions. Sam ultimately retired from full-time duty in 1980 and passed away fourteen years later after 50 years of service and dedication.
Today, under second- and third-generation leadership, the company has continued to expand through the acquisition of tire centers and retread manufacturing facilities across the Midwest. By providing high quality products and services, customers have come to rely on Bauer Built for their tire and service needs.